- sw: Ukurasa huu ni kwa ajili ya kuwasaidia watu wanaotaka kuboresha kamusi hii na kujadiliana mambo ya jumuiya yetu!
Viungo vya jumuia:
- en: Welcome to the Swahili Wikipedia village pump!
Requests for the bot flag should be made on the page Wikipedia:Bots. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
- 1 Jenga Wikipedia ya Kiswahili
- 2 35,000
- 3 Pendekezo: Tuanzishe kitengo cha WikiSource NDANI ya wikipedia yetu
- 4 Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 5 Wanawake wa Kiafrika - tutafsiri au kutunga makala!
- 6 Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
- 7 We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
- 8 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 9 Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May
- 10 Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app
- 11 New Page previews feature
- 12 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)
- 13 Voting has begun in 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees elections
- 14 Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View
- 15 Editing News #1—2017
- 16 RevisionSlider
- 17 Join the next cycle of Wikimedia movement strategy discussions (underway until June 12)
- 18 New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata
- 19 Start of the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Funds Dissemination Committee elections
- 20 Wikidata changes now also appear in enhanced recent changes
- 21 Matukio Dar es Salaam: Editathon na Kipindi cha Redio
- 22 Accessible editing buttons
- 23 Page Previews (Hovercards) update
- 24 Improved search in deleted pages archive
- 25 RfC regarding "Interlinking of accounts involved with paid editing to decrease impersonation"
- 26 Discussion on synced reading lists
- 27 presenting the project Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory and asking for a vounteer in Kiswahili Wikipedia
- 28 Makame Mbarawa and Makame Mnyaa Mbarawa
- 29 New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
- 30 Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships
- 31 User group for Military Historians
- 32 Editing News #1—2018
- 33 Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge
- 34 40,000
- 35 Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias
- 36 AdvancedSearch
Jenga Wikipedia ya Kiswahili
Kwa wote wanaopenda kutafakari na kujadiliana nasi namna ya kuendeleza wikipedia hii ya Kiswahili wakabidhi walianzisha kundi la meta:Jenga Wikipedia ya Kiswahili. Unaweza kujiandikisha pale kama umehariri hapa kwa muda wa mwaka moja angalau.
Majadiliano ya awali yamehamishiwa hapa:
- Wikipedia:Jumuia/Kumbukumbu Julai 2008 hadi Desemba 2009
- Wikipedia:Jumuia/Kumbukumbu Desemba 2009 hadi Desemba 2011
- Wikipedia:Jumuia/Kumbukumbu 2012 hadi 2013
- Wikipedia:Jumuia/Kumbukumbu 2014
- Wikipedia:Jumuia/Kumbukumbu 2015
- Wikipedia:Jumuia/Kumbukumbu 2016
Makala kuhusu mwandishi James Tate aliyepokea Tuzo ya Pulitzer ya Ushairi mwaka wa 1992 ilikuwa makala ya thelathini na tano elfu ndani ya wikipedia yetu! Wasalaam, --Baba Tabita (majadiliano) 10:40, 12 Januari 2017 (UTC)
- Mimi binafsi namsukuru Mungu kwa kutufikisha hapo! --Riccardo Riccioni (majadiliano) 11:06, 12 Januari 2017 (UTC)
Pendekezo: Tuanzishe kitengo cha WikiSource NDANI ya wikipedia yetu
Naomba kura juu ya hoja hili.
- WikiSource ni mradi ndugu wa wikipedia (https://wikisource.org/wiki/Main_Page). Inakusanya matini ambazo zinatoka katika vitabu vya kale (ambako hakimiliki imekwisha) au matini zilizotolewa kama maudhui huria (free content). Napeleka hoja kwa sababu Muddy ana matini zinzofaa kuhifadhiwa na kuwekwa humo.
- Kwa sasa kuna matini chache za Kiswahili zilizopo katika mkusanyo wa multilingual kwenye tovuti ya WikiSource. (Wengi wetu hawajui!) Hali hii inamaanisha ya kwamba matini hizi ziko chini ya wakabidhi wa huko ambao hawaelewi lugha yetu.
- tungeweza kuanzisha mradi wa wikisource kwa Kiswahili ila tu naona ugumu maana kwa kukubaliwa kuanzisha mradi mpya angalau watumiaji 3 wanapaswa kuonekana na kuhariri huko kwa miezi kadhaa.
- napendezwa na mfano wa wikipedia za alswiki, frrwiki, barwiki na pflwiki (zote lahaja za Kijerumani) ambazo zimefungua kitengo cha matini kama sehemu ya wikipedia zao, Maanake ni jumuiya yao inayosimamia kitengo cha matini za source bila kushughulikia mradi wa pekee.
- Nimemwuliza user:Holder wa alswiki jinsi walivyoanza akajibu ni kutafuta mapatano kati yetu halafu kupeleka ombi kwa phabricator tupate namespace ya pekee.Tukikubaliana na kufikia huko ningehamisha matini zilizopo kutoka wikisource.
Naomba weka sahihi yako chini.
Kipala (majadiliano) 01:44, 29 Januari 2017 (UTC)
Kura hii itafungwa 4 Februari 2017
Nakubali - I agree
- Kipala (majadiliano) 01:44, 29 Januari 2017 (UTC)
- --MwanaharakatiLonga 06:16, 29 Januari 2017 (UTC)
- --Riccardo Riccioni (majadiliano) 06:27, 29 Januari 2017 (UTC)
- --'ChriKo (majadiliano)' 15:45, 29 Januari 2017 (UTC)"'
- --almasimagorwa (majadiliano) 22:11, 29 Januari 2017 (UTC)
- --Baba Tabita (majadiliano) 20:42, 29 Januari 2017 (UTC)
sikubali - I disagree
Sipendelei chochote - I abstain
Haya tumepatana. Atakayetusaidia ni mtumiaji Raymond wa dewiki. Aliniuliza tutumie jina gani kwa "namespace" nimeelewana na MuddyB tuendelee kama "wikamusi". "wikitabu" na mengine, kwa hiyo iwe Wikichanzo na Wikichanzo_Majadiliano. Baada ya hapo tutaanza kwa sw.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikichanzo:Mwanzo, halafu nitahamisha kurasa zilizopo sasa katike sehemu ya majaribio. Kipala (majadiliano) 11:47, 9 Februari 2017 (UTC)
Review of initial updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. Message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
The Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. For 15 years, Wikimedians have worked together to build the largest free knowledge resource in human history. During this time, we've grown from a small group of editors to a diverse network of editors, developers, affiliates, readers, donors, and partners. Today, we are more than a group of websites. We are a movement rooted in values and a powerful vision: all knowledge for all people. As a movement, we have an opportunity to decide where we go from here.
This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve. We hope to design an inclusive process that makes space for everyone: editors, community leaders, affiliates, developers, readers, donors, technology platforms, institutional partners, and people we have yet to reach. There will be multiple ways to participate including on-wiki, in private spaces, and in-person meetings. You are warmly invited to join and make your voice heard.
The immediate goal is to have a strategic direction by Wikimania 2017 to help frame a discussion on how we work together toward that strategic direction.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Beginning with this message, monthly reviews of these updates will be sent to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a review of the updates that have been sent so far:
- Update 1 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (15 December 2016)
- Introduction to process and information about budget spending resolution to support it
- Update 2 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (23 December 2016)
- Start of search for Lead Architect for movement strategy process
- Update 3 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (8 January 2017)
- Plans for strategy sessions at upcoming Wikimedia Conference 2017
- Update 4 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (11 January 2017)
- Introduction of williamsworks
- Update 5 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 February 2017)
- The core movement strategy team, team tracks being developed, introduction of the Community Process Steering Committee, discussions at WikiIndaba conference 2017 and the Wikimedia movement affiliates executive directors gathering in Switzerland
- Update 6 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (10 February 2017)
- Tracks A & B process prototypes and providing feedback, updates on development of all four Tracks
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
Wanawake wa Kiafrika - tutafsiri au kutunga makala!
Wapendwa, Ofisi ya Wikipedia Afrika katika Joburg imeanzisha kampeni ya kuimarisha habari za wanawake wa Kiafrika katika matoleo muhimu ya wikipedia. Kuna orodha za wakinaamma 16 Waafrika waliotolewa kutafsiriwa. Makala ziko kwa Kiingereza. Naomba tushiriki! Orodha inaonekana hapa: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/16_African_Women_Translate-a-thon/tracking Kipala (majadiliano) 09:40, 2 Machi 2017 (UTC)
Overview #2 of updates on Wikimedia movement strategy process
Note: Apologies for cross-posting and sending in English. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
As we mentioned last month, the Wikimedia movement is beginning a movement-wide strategy discussion, a process which will run throughout 2017. This movement strategy discussion will focus on the future of our movement: where we want to go together, and what we want to achieve.
Regular updates are being sent to the Wikimedia-l mailing list, and posted on Meta-Wiki. Each month, we are sending overviews of these updates to this page as well. Sign up to receive future announcements and monthly highlights of strategy updates on your user talk page.
Here is a overview of the updates that have been sent since our message last month:
- Update 7 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (16 February 2017)
- Development of documentation for Tracks A & B
- Update 8 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (24 February 2017)
- Introduction of Track Leads for all four audience tracks
- Update 9 on Wikimedia movement strategy process (2 March 2017)
- Seeking feedback on documents being used to help facilitate upcoming community discussions
More information about the movement strategy is available on the Meta-Wiki 2017 Wikimedia movement strategy portal.
We invite you to join the movement strategy conversation (now through April 15)
05:09, 18 Machi 2017 (UTC)
Please accept our apologies for cross-posting this message. This message is available for translation on Meta-Wiki.
On behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, I am pleased to announce that self-nominations are being accepted for the 2017 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Elections.
The Board of Trustees (Board) is the decision-making body that is ultimately responsible for the long-term sustainability of the Wikimedia Foundation, so we value wide input into its selection. More information about this role can be found on Meta-Wiki. Please read the letter from the Board of Trustees calling for candidates.
The candidacy submission phase will last from April 7 (00:00 UTC) to April 20 (23:59 UTC).
We will also be accepting questions to ask the candidates from April 7 to April 20. You can submit your questions on Meta-Wiki.
Once the questions submission period has ended on April 20, the Elections Committee will then collate the questions for the candidates to respond to beginning on April 21.
The goal of this process is to fill the three community-selected seats on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees. The election results will be used by the Board itself to select its new members.
The full schedule for the Board elections is as follows. All dates are inclusive, that is, from the beginning of the first day (UTC) to the end of the last.
- April 7 (00:00 UTC) – April 20 (23:59 UTC) – Board nominations
- April 7 – April 20 – Board candidates questions submission period
- April 21 – April 30 – Board candidates answer questions
- May 1 – May 14 – Board voting period
- May 15–19 – Board vote checking
- May 20 – Board result announcement goal
In addition to the Board elections, we will also soon be holding elections for the following roles:
- Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC)
- There are five positions being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
- Funds Dissemination Committee Ombudsperson (Ombuds)
- One position is being filled. More information about this election will be available on Meta-Wiki.
Please note that this year the Board of Trustees elections will be held before the FDC and Ombuds elections. Candidates who are not elected to the Board are explicitly permitted and encouraged to submit themselves as candidates to the FDC or Ombuds positions after the results of the Board elections are announced.
More information on this year's elections can be found on Meta-Wiki. Any questions related to the election can be posted on the election talk page on Meta-Wiki, or sent to the election committee's mailing list, board-electionswikimedia.org.MediaWiki message delivery on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Elections Committee, 03:37, 7 Aprili 2017 (UTC) • Please help translate to your language • Get help
Read-only mode for 20 to 30 minutes on 19 April and 3 May
Wikidata description editing in the Wikipedia Android app
Wikidata description editing is a new experiment being rolled out on the Wikipedia app for Android. While this primarily impacts Wikidata, the changes are also addressing a concern about the mobile versions of Wikipedia, so that mobile users will be able to edit directly the descriptions shown under the title of the page and in the search results.
We began by rolling out this feature several weeks ago to a pilot group of Wikipedias (Russian, Hebrew, and Catalan), and have seen very positive results including numerous quality contributions in the form of new and updated descriptions, and a low rate of vandalism.
We are now ready for the next phase of rolling out this feature, which is to enable it in a few days for all Wikipedias except the top ten by usage within the app (i.e. except English, German, Italian, French, Spanish, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, and Chinese). We will enable the feature for those languages instead at some point in the future, as we closely monitor user engagement with our expanded set of pilot communities. As always, if have any concerns, please reach out to us on wiki at the talk page for this project or by email at email@example.com. Thanks!
-DBrant (WMF) 08:41, 14 Aprili 2017 (UTC)
New Page previews feature
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2017)
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:
- American Psychiatric Association – Psychiatry books and journals
- Bloomsbury – Who's Who, Drama Online, Berg Fashion Library, and Whitaker's
- Gaudeamus – Finnish humanities and social sciences
- Ympäristö-lehti – The Finnish Environment Institute's Ympäristö-lehti magazine
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 18:52, 2 Mei 2017 (UTC)
19:15, 3 Mei 2017 (UTC)
Beta Feature Two Column Edit Conflict View
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:41, 8 Mei 2017 (UTC)
Editing News #1—2017
18:06, 12 Mei 2017 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:44, 16 Mei 2017 (UTC)
21:08, 16 Mei 2017 (UTC)
New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata
(Please help translate to your language)
The Wikidata development team is about to deploy a new feature on all Wikipedias. It is a new type of notification (via Echo, the notification system you see at the top right of your wiki when you are logged in), that will inform the creator of a page, when this page is connected to a Wikidata item.
You may know that Wikidata provides a centralized system for all the interwikilinks. When a new page is created, it should be connected to the corresponding Wikidata item, by modifying this Wikidata item. With this new notification, editors creating pages will be informed when another editor connects this page to Wikidata.
This feature will be deployed on May 30th on all the Wikipedias, excepting English, French and German. This feature will be disable by default for existing editors, and enabled by default for new editors.
This is the first step of the deployments, the Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects will follow in the next months.
If you have any question, suggestion, please let me know by pinging me. You can also follow and leave a comment on the Phabricator ticket.
Thanks go to Matěj Suchánek who developed this feature!
21:05, 23 Mei 2017 (UTC)
Wikidata changes now also appear in enhanced recent changes
Hello, and sorry to write this message in English. You can help translating it.
Starting from today, you will be able to display Wikidata changes in both modes of the recent changes and the watchlist.
Asante! Lea Lacroix (WMDE) 08:33, 29 Juni 2017 (UTC)
(wrong target page? you can fix it here)
Matukio Dar es Salaam: Editathon na Kipindi cha Redio
- Editathon Siku ya Ijumaa: kundi la wanafunzi waliokutana wiki zilizopita na mtumiaji:Kipala wamefanya editathon katika kituo cha Buni Innovation Hub huko Bagamoyo Road. Waliokaribishwa ni wale waliowahi kupakua makala wakionyesha sasa ya kwamba wanaweza kutunga michango!
- Kipindi cha Redio Jumamosi saa 1:30: Kipala alikaribishwa pamoja na mwenyekiti wa chama cha astronomia Dr Jiwaji kueleza majina ya sayari kwenye kipindi cha redio cha "Kumepambazuka" saa 1:30 asubuhi kwenye Radio One ya ITV huko Dar es Salaam. Hali halisi ni hapa kwenye wikipedia hii ya kwamba urithi wa Kiswahili kuhusu majina ya nyota na sayari umetunzwa hata kama kuna makosa mengi katika vitabu vya shule hadi kamusi kubwa. Tumealikwa na BAKITA kueleza majina halisi tunafurahia sana. Kipala (majadiliano) 09:40, 6 Julai 2017 (UTC)
Page Previews (Hovercards) update
Improved search in deleted pages archive
Please help translate to your language
During Wikimedia Hackathon 2016, the Discovery team worked on one of the items on the 2015 community wishlist, namely enabling searching the archive of deleted pages. This feature is now ready for production deployment, and will be enabled on all wikis, except Wikidata.
Right now, the feature is behind a feature flag - to use it on your wiki, please go to the
Special:Undelete page, and add
&fuzzy=1 to the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=1. Then search for the pages you're interested in. There should be more results than before, due to using ElasticSearch indexing (via the CirrusSearch extension).
We plan to enable this improved search by default on all wikis soon (around August 1, 2017). If you have any objections to this - please raise them with the Discovery team via email or on this announcement's discussion page. Like most Mediawiki configuration parameters, the functionality can be configured per wiki. Once the improved search becomes the default, you can still access the old mode using
&fuzzy=0 in the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=0
Please note that since Special:Undelete is an admin-only feature, this search capability is also only accessible to wiki admins.
There is currently a RfC open on Meta regarding "requiring those involved with paid editing on Wikipedia to link on their user page to all other active accounts through which they advertise paid Wikipedia editing business."
Note this is to apply to Wikipedia and not necessarily other sister projects, this is only to apply to websites where people are specifically advertising that they will edit Wikipedia for pay and not any other personal, professional, or social media accounts a person may have.
Discussion on synced reading lists
presenting the project Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory and asking for a vounteer in Kiswahili Wikipedia
My name is Marc Miquel and I am a researcher from Barcelona (Universitat Pompeu Fabra). While I was doing my PhD I studied whether an identity-based motivation could be important for editor participation and I analyzed content representing the editors' cultural context in 40 Wikipedia language editions. Few months later, I propose creating the Wikipedia Cultural Diversity Observatory in order to raise awareness on Wikipedia’s current state of cultural diversity, providing datasets, visualizations and statistics, and pointing out solutions to improve intercultural coverage.
I am presenting this project to a grant and I expect that the site becomes a useful tool to help communities create more multicultural encyclopaedias and bridge the content culture gap that exists across language editions (one particular type of systemic bias). For instance, this would help spreading cultural content local to Kiswahili Wikipedia into the rest of Wikipedia language editions, and viceversa, make Kiswahili Wikipedia much more multicultural. Here is the link of the project proposal: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Wikipedia_Cultural_Diversity_Observatory_(WCDO)
I am searching for a volunteer in each language community: I still need one for the Kiswahili Wikipedia. If you feel like it, you can contact me at: marcmiquel *at* gmail.com I need a contact in your every community who can (1) check the quality of the cultural context article list I generate to be imported-exported to other language editions, (2) test the interface/data visualizations in their language, and (3) communicate the existance of the tool/site when ready to the language community and especially to those editors involved in projects which could use it or be aligned with it. Communicating it might not be a lot of work, but it will surely have a greater impact if done in native language! :). If you like the project, I'd ask you to endorse it in the page I provided. In any case, I will appreciate any feedback, comments,... Thanks in advance for your time! Best regards, --Marcmiquel (majadiliano) 07:54, 10 Oktoba 2017 (UTC) Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona
Yes, it is so. There many similar cases: the people elected again in 2015 have two pages: one written before 2015, the other after 2015. I deleted a few double pages, but they are many. Thank you for your help. Peace to all! --Riccardo Riccioni (majadiliano) 11:46, 12 Novemba 2017 (UTC)
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships
We wanted to inform you that scholarship applications for Wikimania 2018 which is being held in Cape Town, South Africa on July 18–22, 2018 are now being accepted. Applications are open until Monday, 22 January 2018 23:59 UTC.
Applicants will be able to apply for a partial or full scholarship. A full scholarship will cover the cost of an individual's round-trip travel, shared accommodation, and conference registration fees as arranged by the Wikimedia Foundation. A partial scholarship will cover conference registration fees and shared accommodation. Applicants will be rated using a pre-determined selection process and selection criteria established by the Scholarship Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation, who will determine which applications are successful. To learn more about Wikimania 2018 scholarships, please visit: wm2018:Scholarships.
To apply for a scholarship, fill out the multi-language application form on: https://scholarships.wikimedia.org/apply
It is highly recommended that applicants review all the material on the Scholarships page and the associated FAQ before submitting an application. If you have any questions, please contact: wikimania-scholarships at wikimedia.org or leave a message at: wm2018:Talk:Scholarships. Please help us spread the word and translate pages!
User group for Military Historians
"Military history" is one of the most important subjects when speak of sum of all human knowledge. To support contributors interested in the area over various language Wikipedias, we intend to form a user group. It also provides a platform to share the best practices between military historians, and various military related projects on Wikipedias. An initial discussion was has been done between the coordinators and members of WikiProject Military History on English Wikipedia. Now this discussion has been taken to Meta-Wiki. Contributors intrested in the area of military history are requested to share their feedback and give suggestions at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians.
Editing News #1—2018
20:56, 2 Machi 2018 (UTC)
Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge
Wikipedia:Galicia 15 - 15 Challenge is a public writing competition which will improve improve and translate this list of 15 really important articles into as many languages as possible. Everybody can help in any language to collaborate on writing and/or translating articles related to Galicia. To participate you just need to sign up here. Thank you very much.--Breogan2008 (majadiliano) 14:37, 12 Machi 2018 (UTC)
- Hongera, Padre Riccardo! Sina ujuzi kuhuzu lebo ya dhahabu, lakini nimeandika kuhusu hatua hiyo ukurasani mwa Matukio ya hivi karibuni. Sherehe na furaha na fahari! --Baba Tabita (majadiliano) 09:58, 17 Machi 2018 (UTC)
Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 14:53, 7 Mei 2018 (UTC)