Porfiri wa Gaza
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tazama pia[hariri | hariri chanzo]
Tanbihi[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Great Synaxaristes: Kigezo:Gr icon Ὁ Ἅγιος Πορφύριος Ἐπίσκοπος Γάζης. 26 Φεβρουαρίου. ΜΕΓΑΣ ΣΥΝΑΞΑΡΙΣΤΗΣ.
- Apparent use of Theodoret and other later sources convinced P. Peeters that it was actually written after 534. (P. Peeters, "La vie géorgienne de Saint Porphyre de Gaza" Analecta Bollandiana 59 1941, pp 65–216.
- Helen Saradi-Mendelovici, "Christian Attitudes toward Pagan Monuments in Late Antiquity and Their Legacy in Later Byzantine Centuries" Dumbarton Oaks Papers 44 (1990, pp. 47–61) pp 53f instances as history the destruction of the temples in Gaza in Vita Porphyrii.
Marejeo[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Thomas F. Head, Medieval Hagiography: an anthology, (Routledge) 2001.
- Ramsay MacMullen, Christianizing the Roman Empire, (Yale University Press) 1984.
Viungo vya nje[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Medieval Sourcebook: G.F. Hill, 1913. Translator and editor, Mark the Deacon, Life of Porphyry, Bishop of Gaza (e-text, in English)
- Catholic Encyclopedia: Gaza
- Catholic Encyclopedia: St. Porphyry
- Philip Schaff, editor The New Schaff-Herzog Encyclopedia of Religious Knowledge: St. Porphyry
- Prologue From Ochrid - February 26: Saint Porphyrius, Bishop of Gaza
- Asmaa al-Ghoul. Gaza's Orthodox Church Celebrates 1,606 Years. Al-Monitor. March 11, 2013.