Oliver Plunkett (kwa Kieire: Oilibhéar Pluincéid; Loughcrew, County Meath, Ireland, 1 Novemba 1625 – Tyburn, London, Uingereza, 1 Julai 1681) alikuwa askofu mkuu wa Armagh, kaskazini mwa Ireland, kuanzia mwaka 1670.
Tazama pia[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Watakatifu wa Agano la Kale
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wakristo
- Orodha ya Watakatifu wa Afrika
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wafransisko
Tanbihi[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Earlier biographers gave his date of birth as 1 November four years later, but since the discovery of an ancient reference to Oliver Plunkett’s birth in the Bodleian Library, Ashmolean, MS.436 which stated: "He was born on 1st. November 1625" biographers of Plunkett since the 1930s agree on 1625. These include: Hanly, O’Fiaich, Forristal, Curtis, O'Higgins, Walsh, Bennett, Stokes, Concannon, Carty, Matthews, Murphy, Nowak, Burns, Meagher and the St. Oliver web-site.
- In passing judgement, the Chief Justice said: "You have done as much as you could to dishonour God in this case; for the bottom of your treason was your setting up your false religion, than which there is not any thing more displeasing to God, or more pernicious to mankind in the world". The jury returned within fifteen minutes with a guilty verdict and Archbishop Plunkett replied: "Deo Gratias" (Latin for "Thanks be to God").
- Martyrologium Romanum
Viungo vya nje[hariri | hariri chanzo]
Wikimedia Commons ina media kuhusu:
- Cobbett's Complete Collection of State Trials digitised by Google Books
- Biography of St Oliver Plunket
- St Oliver Plunkett webpage Archived 24 Juni 2021 at the Wayback Machine. maintained by Drogheda Borough Council & St. Peter's Church
|Makala hii bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mkristo huyu, kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.