Jump to navigation Jump to search
Picha[hariri | hariri chanzo]
Tazama pia[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Watakatifu wa Agano la Kale
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wakristo
- Orodha ya Watakatifu wa Afrika
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wafransisko
Tanbihi[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- George's parents were Christians of Greek background, his father Gerontius (Γερόντιος, Gerontios meaning "old man" in Greek) was a Roman army official from Cappadocia, and his mother Polychronia (Greek name, meaning she who lives many years) was a Christian and a Greek native
- "St. George", Catholic Online
-  (1995) Dictionary of Saints, Third, London: Penguin Reference, 152. “His best-known story, popularized in the later middle ages by the Golden Legend, tells that he was a knight from Cappadocia, who rescued a maiden princess from a dragon at Silene in Libya, leading to the Christianity of much of the kingdom.”
- George Mtakatifu ametajwa katika Kitabu cha Sala ya Kawaida (kwa Kiingereza Book of Common Prayer) wa mwaka 1662, na pia katika Kitabu cha Ibada ya Kawaida (kwa Kiingereza Common Worship) mwaka wa 2000. Hata hivyo, makanisa mengine ya Kianglikana hawamtambui kama mtakatifu.
- Scott B. Noegel, Brannon M. Wheeler. The A to Z of Prophets in Islam and Judaism. Rowman & Littlefield, 313.
- Martyrologium Romanum
Marejeo[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Brook, E.W., 1925. Acts of Saint George in series Analecta Gorgiana 8 (Gorgias Press).
- Burgoyne, Michael H. 1976. A Chronological Index to the Muslim Monuments of Jerusalem. In The Architecture of Islamic Jerusalem. Jerusalem: The British School of Archaeology in Jerusalem.
- Gabidzashvili, Enriko. 1991. Saint George: In Ancient Georgian Literature. Armazi – 89: Tbilisi, Georgia.
- Good, Jonathan, 2009. The Cult of Saint George in Medieval England (Woodbridge, Suffolk: The Boydell Press).
- Loomis, C. Grant, 1948. White Magic, An Introduction to the Folklore of Christian Legend (Cambridge: Medieval Society of America)
- Natsheh, Yusuf. 2000. "Architectural survey", in Ottoman Jerusalem: The Living City 1517–1917. Edited by Sylvia Auld and Robert Hillenbrand (London: Altajir World of Islam Trust) pp 893–899.
- Whatley, E. Gordon, editor, with Anne B. Thompson and Robert K. Upchurch, 2004. St. George and the Dragon in the South English Legendary (East Midland Revision, c. 1400) Originally published in Saints' Lives in Middle English Collections (Kalamazoo, Michigan: Medieval Institute Publications) (on-line introduction)
- George Menachery, Saint Thomas Christian Encyclopaedia of India. Vol.II Trichur – 73.
Viungo vya nje[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- St. George and the Dragon, free illustrated book based on 'The Seven Champions' by Richard Johnson (1596)
- Saint George and the Dragon links and pictures (more than 125), from Dragons in Art and on the Web
- Story of Saint George from The Golden Legends
- Saint George and the Boy Scouts Archived 2 Agosti 2002 at the Wayback Machine., including a woodcut of a Scout on horseback slaying a dragon
- St. George
- St. George and the Dragon: An Introduction
- Greatmartyr, Victory-bearer and Wonderworker George Orthodox icon and synaxarion for
- Dedication of the Church of the Greatmartyr George in Lydia Icon and synaxarion for November 3
- Dedication of the Church of the Greatmartyr George at Kiev Icon and synaxarion for November 26
- Saint George in the church in Plášťovce,(Palást) in Slovakia
- The St George Orthodox Military Association
- Famous Georgian Pilgrim Center in India St. George Orthodox Church Puthuppally, Kerala, India Archived 28 Januari 2013 at the Wayback Machine.
- Hail George Radio webcast explains how Saint George came to be confused with some Afro-Brazilian deities
- Blog Article on the Feast of Saint George The feast of Saint George is April 23 - About that Dragon...
- St. George, Martyr at the Christian Iconography web site.
- Of St. George, Martyr from Caxton's translation of the Golden Legend
|Makala hii bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mkristo huyu, kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.