Brid wa Kildare
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Brid wa Kildare au Brigid wa Ireland (kwa Kikelti Naomh Bríd; kwa Kilatini Brigida; Faughart, Dundalk, 453 hivi - Kildare, 524 hivi) ni mmojawapo kati ya watakatifu wasimamizi wa Ireland (pamoja na Patrick na Kolumba).
Tazama pia[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Watakatifu wa Agano la Kale
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wakristo
- Orodha ya Watakatifu wa Afrika
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wafransisko
Tanbihi[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Story of St. Brigid. St. Brigid's GNS, Glasnevin.
- Following Brigid’s Way - The Irish Catholic.
- Discussion on dates for the annals and the accuracy of dates relating to St Brigid continues, see A.P. Smyth, "The earliest Irish annals: their first contemporary entries and the earliest centres of recording", Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy lxxii C (1972), pp1–48, and Daniel McCarthy: "The chronology of St Brigit of Kildare", in Peritia, xiv (2000), pp255–81.
- Jestice, Phyllis G. (2004). Holy People of the World: A Cross-Cultural Encyclopedia. ABC-CLIO, 140–. ISBN 9781576073551. Retrieved on 1 February 2013. “Brigid of Ireland, or of Kildare, has been venerated since the early Middle Ages, along with Patrick and Columba, as one of the three national Christian patron saints of Ireland. ... At least two Latin Lives had been composed by the end of the seventh century describing her as a nobleman's daughter who chose to consecrate her virginity to God, took the veil as a Christian nun, and became the leader of a community of religious women, or perhaps of both women and men-certainly by the seventh century there was an important double monastery at Kildare that regarded her as its founder.”
|Makala hii bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mkristo huyu, kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.