Optatus wa Milevi
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tazama pia[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Watakatifu wa Agano la Kale
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wakristo
- Orodha ya Watakatifu wa Afrika
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wafransisko
- Mababu wa Kanisa
Tanbihi[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- St. Jerome (De viris illustribus, # 110) tells us it was in six books and was written under Valens and Valentinian (364-75). We now possess seven books, and the list of popes is carried as far as Siricius (384-98). Similarly the Donatist succession of antipopes is given (II, IV), as Victor, Bonifatius, Encolpius, Macrobius, Lucianus, Claudianus (the date of the last is about 380), though a few sentences earlier Macrobius is mentioned as the actual bishop. The plan of the work is laid down in Book I, and is completed in six books. It seems, then, that the seventh book, which St. Jerome did not know in 392, was an appendix to a new edition in which St. Optatus made additions to the two episcopal lists. The date of the original work is fixed by the statement in I, xiii, that sixty years and more had passed since the persecution of Diocletian (303-5). Photinus (d. 376) is apparently regarded as still alive; Julian is dead (363). Thus the first books were published about 366-70, and the second edition about 385-90.
- "Do we not see with how great a booty of gold and silver and garments Cyprian, doctor suavissimus, came forth out of Egypt, and likewise Lactantius, Victorinus, Optatus, Hilary?" (De Doctrina Christ., xl).
- Martyrologium Romanum
Vyanzo[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Quick links to the separate books and parts of ‘Against the Donatists’, in a 1917 translation. www.tertullian.org.
- "St. Optatus". Catholic Encyclopedia. New York: Robert Appleton Company. 1913.
- The editio princeps was by Cochlæus (Mainz, 1549). More manuscripts were used by Balduinus (Paris, 1563 and 1569), whose text was frequently reprinted in the seventeenth century. Louis-Ellies Dupin's edition includes a history of the Donatists and a geography of Africa (Paris 1700--); it is reprinted in Gallandi and in Migne (Patrologia Latina, XI). The best edition is that of Ziwza (CSEL, XXVI, Vienna, 1893), with description of the manuscripts.
- Donatism. Online Dynamic Bibliography.
- Mireille Labrousse, Sources Chrétiennes 412, 413
- Hermann Sieben, Fontes Christiani 56, 2013
|Makala hii bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mkristo huyu, kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.