Marko wa Aretusa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tazama pia[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Watakatifu wa Agano la Kale
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wakristo
- Orodha ya Watakatifu wa Afrika
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wafransisko
Tanbihi[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- In the time of Roman Emperor Flavius Julius Constantius (337-361), Marcus destroyed a heathen temple which under the apostate Emperor Julian he was ordered to rebuild. To avoid this he fled from the city, but eventually returned to save the Christian people from paying the penalty in his stead, and underwent very cruel treatment at the hands of the pagan mob (Sozomen, Historia Ecclesiastica, x, 10) in 362.
- He is said to have been the author of the Creed of Sirmium (351) and is counted by Tillemont as an Arian in belief and in factious spirit. He was struck from the Roman Martyrology for years, but research by the Bollandists vindicated him and restored his name to the roles.
- Martyrologium Romanum
Viungo vya nje[hariri | hariri chanzo]
|Makala hii bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mkristo huyu, kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.