Johann Sebastian Bach (21 Machi 1685 hadi 28 Julai 1750) alikuwa mtungaji wa muziki na mpiga piano na kinanda cha filimbi kutoka nchi ya Ujerumani. Alitunga muziki za aina zote, iliyotumika kidini na kidunia. Alitunga muziki kwa kwaya, chombo kimoja cha muziki, na kundi la wanamuziki (okestra). Ingawa hakuunda mifumo mipya ya muziki, alitajirisha mitindo ya muziki kule Ujerumani; tena alitohoa mitindo ya muziki ya Kiitalia na ya Kifaransa.
Marejeo[hariri | hariri chanzo]
Utaalamu wa kisasa[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Butt J (ed), The Cambridge companion to Bach, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 1997 (ISBN 0-521-58780-8)
- A collection of writings on the historical context (society, beliefs and world view), profiles of his music, and influence and reception.
- David HT, Mendel A (eds), revised and expanded by C Wolff, The new Bach reader, 2nd ed, New York, Norton, 1999 (ISBN 0-393-31956-3)
- A significant repository of documentary evidence, including contemporary documents, some by Bach himself. This book includes an English translation of the biography of Bach, by the early 19th-century German musicologist Forkel.
- A comprehensive and engaging account of Bach's life.
- Williams P, The life of Bach, Cambridge, Cambridge University Press, 2004 (ISBN 0-521-53374-0)
- A shorter expose of the composer's life, using his obituary as the starting point; a valuable complement to Wolff's biography.
- Stauffer G, J. S. Bach as organist: his instruments, music, and performance practices, Indiana University Press, 1999 (ISBN 0-253-21386-X) (paperback reprint of hardcover, 1986, ISBN 0-253-33181-1)
- Boyd, Malcolm. Bach, Oxford University Press; 3rd ed. (2000) ISBN 0-19-514222-5
Utaalamu wa zamani[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Schweitzer A, J. S. Bach, 2 vol, Dover, 1966, translated by Ernest Newman (ISBN 0-486-21631-4) (reprint of New York, Macmillan, 1955-1958)
- Spitta P, Johann Sebastian Bach, his work and influence on the music of Germany, 1685-1750, London, Novello, 1884-85
- An early, groundbreaking, three-volume study of Bach's life and music.
- Forkel, Johann Nicolaus; On Johann Sebastian Bach's Life, Genius, and Works, (1802), translated by A. C. F. Kollmann (1820)
Masomo mengine[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Rasmussen, Michelle (Agosti 2001) "Bach, Mozart, and the 'Musical Midwife'", The New Federalist
- Hofstadter D, Gödel, Escher, Bach: an eternal golden braid
- Explores cognition, formal methods, logic and mathematics—particularly Gödel's incompleteness theorem—in the music of Bach, the art of MC Escher and other sources.
Marejeo ya nje[hariri | hariri chanzo]
Marejeo ya jumla[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Bach-Leipzig.de Archived 2 Februari 2011 at the Wayback Machine., Bach-Archiv Leipzig
- JSBach.org, by Jan Hanford - extensive information on Bach and his works; huge and growing database of user-contributed recordings and reviews
- J.S. Bach FAQ (from the Internet Archive), by Bernard Greenberg - answers many common questions about Bach
- JSBach.net, maintained by David J. Grossman - includes a catalog of works, images, MIDI files, and audio
- J.S. Bach on Radio 3 - extensive resources on Bach, on occasion of BBC Radio 3's complete airing of Bach's works in Dec 2005
- J.S. Bach bibliography Archived 6 Februari 2006 at the Wayback Machine., by Yo Tomita of Queen's Belfast - especially useful to scholars
- Bach-Cantatas.com, by Aryeh Oron - information on the cantatas as well as other works
- Canons and Fugues Archived 5 Mei 2009 at the Wayback Machine., by Timothy A. Smith - various information on these contrapuntal works
- Carolina Classical: J.S. Bach Archived 14 Aprili 2006 at the Wayback Machine. - detailed biography with PDF scores of selected cantatas
- 1911 Encyclopaedia Britannica entry on J.S. Bach, provided by Jim McKeeth
Maandishi ya muziki[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- IMSLP's ongoing project to sort and make freely avalible all of Bach's works from the Bach Gesellschaft Ausgabe.
- Piano Sheet Music of Bach Archived 15 Desemba 2018 at the Wayback Machine. including Fugues, Preludes, and more in PDF.
- Arrangements of music by Bach for guitar
Kurekodiwa kwa muziki[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- james kibbie - bach organ works, Free downloads of the complete organ works of Johann Sebastian Bach, recorded by Dr. James Kibbie on original baroque organs in Germany
- Piano Society: J.S. Bach - A biography and various free recordings in MP3 format.
- Bach cylinder recordings Archived 26 Mei 2011 at the Wayback Machine., from the Cylinder Preservation and Digitization Project at the University of California, Santa Barbara Library.
- Skwik.com downloads - Toccata and Fugue in D minor and more
- Music for piano (midi) Archived 27 Agosti 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- Johann Sebastian Bach discography katika MusicBrainz
Mada maalumu[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Bach manuscripts Archived 27 Juni 2004 at the Wayback Machine. - video lectures by Christoph Wolff on the Bach family's hidden manuscripts archive
- Faces of Bach Archived 8 Aprili 2006 at the Wayback Machine. - Site discussing the portraits of J.S.Bach.
- Bach Tuning Archived 7 Novemba 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
- An article on Bach's tuning script from his manuscript of The Well Tempered Clavier
- J.S. Bach's work in films Archived 8 Mei 2006 at the Wayback Machine.
Makundi ya wanamuziki wanaocheza muziki ya Bach[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Bach Collegium - Fort Wayne Utlizing early instruments and techniques
- Washington Bach Consort
- The American Bach Society
- The Bach Choir of Bethlehem Archived 28 Julai 2007 at the Wayback Machine.
- Oregon Bach Festival Archived 23 Julai 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- Mathayo Passion Archived 14 Januari 2013 at the Wayback Machine.