- To develop the world's greatest swahili-language reference work, with completely free content;
- To find uses for this in schools and education projects around the world;
- To use the multi-language content (the material will be both in Swahili and in many other languages) to benefit both native Swahili speakers and students of the language.
- To work with university students and language teachers to promote the use of and contribution to this work
A list of volunteers, A foundation of short articles spanning the world's knowledge* A list of interested teachers and educational programs A list of interested students,
Interested people[hariri chanzo]
- Sj (Boston)
- Jeff (Toronto)
- Joseph (Oz)
- Makene (Texas)
- Stan (Revolución) from Florida
- Matt Crypto (UK)
Other students and teachers
- in Nairobi University
- in the en:University of Dar-es-Salaam
- in active secondary schools
- in major language programs elsewhere
Initial content[hariri chanzo]
Long list: List of articles all languages should have; this is around 1000 articles we should start with.
- The content on those subjects in the English and French and German Wikipedias can provide help for people writing the initial Swahili articles.
- List of important Africans
- List of Tanzanian politicians
- List of Kenyan politicians
Other content suggestions are welcome.