Óscar Arnulfo Romero y Galdámez (15 Agosti 1917– 24 Machi 1980) alikuwa askofu mkuu wa Kanisa Katoliki huko San Salvador, nchini El Salvador kuanzia tarehe 21 Juni 1970 hadi kifodini chake.
Baada ya vitisho mbalimbali, Romero aliuawa wakati anapoadhimisha Misa. Ingawa hakuna aliyehukumiwa kwa kumuua, kamati ya Umoja wa Mataifa imethibitisha kwamba aliuawa kwa agizo la mwanasiasa wa mrengo wa kulia Roberto D'Aubuisson. Hatimaye mnamo Oktoba 2018 mahakama imeagiza mhusika mmojawapo akamatwe ingawa haijulikani yuko wapi, isipokuwa kwamba ameshahama El Salvador.
Kwa heshima yake, mwaka 2010, Mkutano Mkuu wa UM ulitangaza tarehe 24 Machi kuwa "International Day for the Right to the Truth Concerning Gross Human Rights Violations and for the Dignity of Victims".
Tazama pia[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- Watakatifu wa Agano la Kale
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wakristo
- Orodha ya Watakatifu wa Afrika
- Orodha ya Watakatifu Wafransisko
Tanbihi[hariri | hariri chanzo]
- (2009) The A to Z of Human Rights and Humanitarian Organizations. Scarecrow Press, 220. ISBN 978-0810868748.
- The final hours of Monsignor Romero.
- Mayra Gómez (2 October 2003). Human Rights in Cuba, El Salvador, and Nicaragua: A Sociological Perspective on Human Rights Abuse. Taylor & Francis, 110. ISBN 978-0-415-94649-0. “The following day, Archbishop Oscar Romero was shot dead in front of a full congregation as he was delivering mass (AI ...”
- Henry Settimba (1 March 2009). Testing Times: Globalisation and Investing Theology in East Africa. AuthorHouse, 223. ISBN 978-1-4678-9899-7.
- Oscar Romero and St. Josemaria.
- Archbishop Romero had no interest in liberation theology, says secretary.
- Revelations of the D'Aubuisson plot came to light in 1984 when US ambassador Robert White testified before the United States Congress that "there was sufficient evidence" to convict D'Aubuisson of planning and ordering Archbishop Romero's assassination. Nordland, Rod. "How 2 rose to vie for El Salvador's presidency", March 23, 1984, p. A1.
- Political Movements and Violence in Central America (in en). Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521600552. Retrieved on 19 October 2016.
- In 2008, Europe-based magazine A Different View included Romero among its 15 Champions of World Democracy.
- Pope Francis sends letter for the beatification of Óscar Romero.
- Outside of Catholicism, Romero is honored by other Christian denominations including Church of England and Anglican Communion through the Calendar in Common Worship, as well as in at least one Lutheran liturgical calendar. Archbishop Romero is also one of the ten 20th-century martyrs depicted in statues above the Great West Door of Westminster Abbey in London.
- Mario Bencastro (1996). A Shot in the Cathedral. books.google.com, 182. ISBN 978-1558851641.
- Martyrologium Romanum
Viungo vya nje[hariri | hariri chanzo]
-  Archived 18 Mei 2015 at the Wayback Machine. the official website for Archbishop Romero's cause for beatification (scheduled for May 23, 2015)]
- the Romero Trust
- ctu.edu Archived 23 Septemba 2017 at the Wayback Machine., the Chicago area-based Catholic Theological Union's (CTU) Romero Scholars Program
- the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) prayer, composed by Bishop Kenneth Untener of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Saginaw, for use in a 1979 homily by Detroit's Cardinal John Dearden for departed priests, but allegedly attributed to (but never spoken by) Archbishop Romero; can be used as a prayer for his cause or to him
- the official YouTube channel for his beatification
- a YouTube video called "The Last Journey of Oscar Romero"
- SUPER MARTYRIO, a blog "about the martyrdom" (of Romero)
- Collection of Romero's homilies and meditations
- Remembering Archbishop Oscar Romero (several contemporary and memorial articles)
- Article on Romero, contains picture of Lentz icon
- "Learn from History", 31st Anniversary of the Assassination of Archbishop Oscar Romero, The National Security Archive
- Romero A description of the pursuit of justice for Óscar Romero
- El Salvador Marks Archbishop Oscar Romero's Murder by BBC News
- How we killed Archbishop Romero Interviews with Captain Álvaro Rafael Saravia and others
- Witnessing massacre of Romero's funeral Archived 27 Julai 2011 at the Wayback Machine. Video footage and pictures of the massacre in front of the Cathedral.
- Fundación Monseñor Romero Monsignor Romero Foundation website.
- Westminster Abbey: Óscar Romero
- Archbishop Oscar Romero: A Shepherd's Diary Archbishop Romero's diary in English. It covers the time between March 31, 1978, and March 20, 1980. "Romero's awareness of the historic importance of what was happening in the Church of San Salvador impelled him to maintain this other and more personal record of his pastoral activities."
|Makala hii bado ni mbegu. |
Je, unajua kitu kuhusu Mkristo huyu, kama wasifu wake, habari za maisha au kazi yake?
Je, unaona habari katika Wikipedia ya Kiingereza au lugha nyingine zinazofaa kutafsiriwa?
Basi unaweza kuisaidia Wikipedia kwa kuihariri na kuiongezea habari.